Strong Hope Men’s Mental Health Program
Our Strong-Hope Program for men provides a variety of evidence-based group therapies to meet the diverse needs of active-duty men including combat trauma, PTSD, acute-care stabilization, and drug & alcohol addiction. Dual or multiple diagnoses can be addressed concurrently. With our multi-disciplinary team we utilize proven, evidence-based approaches in the context of a tailored, individual treatment program. This unit is specialized to treat the varied and complex issues affecting male service members. We provide evidence-based treatment for the following:
- Diagnosis of adjustment disorder, post-traumatic stress and co-morbidities
- Traumatic brain injury assessment
- Groups that are exclusively attended by patients who have experienced combat
- Evidence-based management of trauma related symptoms and functioning
Substance Abuse Addiction and Dual-Diagnosis:
- Evidence-based cognitive-behavioral therapy with 12-step facilitation as well as a relapse prevention model are utilized
- Community based and internal AA meetings on a weekly basis
- Motivational interviewing facilitates movement through the stages of change
Behavioral Health needs:
- Mood disorders
- Suicidal ideation
- Other psychiatric diagnosis
Our treatment team brings a wealth of experience with specific knowledge of fitness for duty standards and the unique challenges the ADSM faces when receiving Mental Health treatment. This experience also uniquely positions us to communicate effectively with all levels of the chain of command, which allows us to consider not only the individual’s immediate mental health needs but also the larger needs of the service.
Recognizing the common comorbidity of post-traumatic stress with other disorders (specifically substance abuse/dependence), our multidisciplinary treatment team is available on a daily basis throughout the entirety of the program. This allows us to be flexible in developing individualized treatment plans that can address complex needs, including the ability to safely manage acute issues while providing intensive daily psychotherapy for chronic conditions.
Download Referral Forms and brochures:
- Strong-Hope Referral Form
- Strong-Hope Welcome Packet
- Strong Hope Packing List
- Strong Hope Inventory
- Strong-Hope Women’s Program Brochure
- Strong-Hope Men’s Program Brochure
Free and Confidential Assessment – Call 877-640-0220 or click here. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*TRICARE is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.