Substance Abuse Treatment Program
The Substance Abuse Treatment Program helps you stabilize from addictions, learn strategies for recovery, and connect to a long term recovery community. With education and group therapy we help you understand the disease model of addiction and set up recovery strategies to meet your situation and needs. In conjunction with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, we utilize Acceptance, Commitment, Therapy, which helps you recognize the substance abuse cycle you’ve been living, to progress into the addiction recovery cycle. Our multi-disciplinary team consists of staff who are caring, compassionate physicians, nurses and counselors.
Salt Lake Behavioral Health programming consists of the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- Seeks to help you recognize, avoid, and cope with the situations in which they are most likely to abuse drugs.
- Motivational Interviewing- Employs strategies to evoke rapid and internally motivated behavior change to stop drug use and facilitate the recovery process.
- Group Therapy – Helps you face your drug abuse realistically, come to terms with its harmful consequences, and boost your motivation to stay drug free. You learn effective ways to solve your emotional and interpersonal problems without resorting to drugs.
- Full Continuum of Care- The treatment team works closely with each patient to set realistic goals for continuing care following treatment; in order for you to be successful in your road to recovery.
Services we provide:
- Medical Detoxification
- Substance Abuse Rehabilitation program
- Specialized Dual-Diagnosis program
- Music therapy/expression
- Pet Therapy
- Spiritual Counselor
- Recreation Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- Thinking errors
- Distress Tolerance
- Relaxation techniques